MARKETING FOR CREATIVES 1/8/2018
MARKETING FOR CREATIVES 1/8/2018
Ever feel like you're going it alone?
Unsure if you're headed in the right direction?
I've been there.
And, I want to help you squash your uncertainty and be confident in your marketing efforts. So, I'm sharing what I've learned over almost two decades with you!
Whether you’re just beginning to blog and share on social media or have been blogging and sharing for a while, Marketing for Creatives: Putting Yourself Out There, is for you!
Now, if you're like me, I know you don't have a lot of time to get your job done. You have even less time to learn. Marketing for Creatives: Putting Yourself Out There e-Course is designed with your time constraints in mind.
You’ll learn while you’re working! While in Marketing for Creatives, you’ll be focused on your current content and your business goals.
Over twelve lessons, you’ll establish goals for what stories you want to share and how you’ll tell them. At the end of the e-Course, you’ll also have a plan, complete with initial content, to achieve those goals.
You'll leave this course with:
- twelve pieces of content for your blog or social media channels,
- an editorial calendar,
- benchmarks for evaluating the effectiveness of your efforts,
- and a workflow for writing and sharing consistently.
I've developed this e-course with a primary objective:
to get you started writing consistently or
to kickstart and reenergize your current workflow until you’re writing consistently again.
Because I know you want to get the most value for your resources, I made sure you'll know how much progress you've made. You'll be evaluating yourself against three goals: mastery of presented content; attainment of intellectual and creative skills; and preparation for tomorrow and beyond.
As a result of completing Marketing for Creatives: Putting Yourself Out There you’ll achieve the following outcomes—observable and measureable terms of what you’ll be able to do. Download Our Journey: What to Expect over the next Four Weeks (pdf) if you want ALL the details.
goal 1-mastery of content outcomes.
You’ll be able to demonstrate and apply knowledge of:
- content strategy
- core model
- search engine optimization (SEO)
- content inventory and audit
- Google Analytics
- Google Search Console
goal 2-intellectual and creative skills outcomes.
This learning goal articulates specific skills that comprise these broader abilities. You’ll be able to effectively:
- identify keywords related to your strengths, passions, and interests
- craft blog posts that take into consideration the needs of your ideal customer/target audience
- develop style and tone appropriate for the situation
- write in an array of formats for a variety of purposes
- write blog posts that focus on specific themes to attract organic search traffic
- perform analysis of omni-channel efforts using tools commonly available such as Google Analytics, Google Search Console
goal 3-preparation for “tomorrow and beyond” outcomes.
This learning goal calls on you to be ready to apply your knowledge skills to the changing world around you. You’ll be able to effectively:
- generate ideas and develop productive work habits independently of course structures and assignments
- develop and execute an editorial calendar
- systematically bring quantitative measurement to creative writing
- quickly assess omni-channel promotion efforts and identify problem areas
Choose how much interaction you want to have with classmates and the instructor:
- Facebook group only
- Weekly written feedback plus Facebook group
- Live 1:1 sessions plus weekly feedback plus Facebook group
You can choose to go it alone while working on assignments or you can brainstorm with other creative entrepreneurs, business owners, bloggers, and influencers in a private Facebook group. Besides interacting with other students, you can ask me any questions you might have about the lessons, or marketing in general, through this Facebook group. I’ll pop into the group on Tuesday and Thursday nights, and occasionally on the weekends to check how everyone is doing.
If you want a second pair of eyes on your content, submit one assignment of your choice each week by Sunday night and get written feedback from me by Tuesday night.
Have general marketing questions or prefer to chat 1:1 about the feedback you receive? RSVP for two, live half hour Skype or Google Hangout sessions.
Marketing for Creatives: Putting Yourself Out There is organized into four themes: your foundation, your compass, your approach, and your momentum!
To help you get the most out of this class, we’ll dig into each of these themes through a series of three one to two hour lessons, delivered to your inbox each Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Set aside a minimum of three hours a week, an hour for each lesson, to work through the course. If you also work through the optional bonus exercise, lessons could take a couple of hours depending on how thorough you are.
Themes build upon each other. So if you fall behind, continue where you are versus skipping ahead and then working backwards. Download Our Journey: What to Expect over the next Four Weeks (pdf) if you want ALL the details.